Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking someone willing to challenge the status quo and identify new capabilities to provide to people affected by disasters both domestically and internationally. This person will lead market analysis, stakeholder engagement, design and development of new capabilities.
The ideal candidates will possess or have demonstrated ability to quickly develop:
- A healthy understanding of the domestic emergency management and international humanitarian landscapes.
- Mastery of traditional and emerging product/program development methods.
- A high degree of empathy for people affected by disasters and an ability to channel that into advocacy and action.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a matrixed environment and collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Depth of experience working in organizational workforces comprised of volunteers and/or veterans.
TR has a unique culture that requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world, and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response. Candidates for the position are required to balance a team-player attitude with a strong command presence.
Only the most awesome candidates should apply. Period.
- Conduct ongoing market analysis for opportunities for TR to develop new capabilities
- Lead scoping effort of new opportunities
- Develop preliminary investment models, annual budgets and breakeven timelines for new capabilities.
- Facilitate development of capabilities package development
- Develop and maintain partnerships and relationships across the sectors
- Utilize continuous improvement methods and data to inform refinement of current capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in emergency management or related field; or equivalent experience. Graduate degree in disaster management, emergency management, and/or business administration is a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the military, non-profit, or emergency management community
- Understanding of and/or first-hand experience with TR’s disaster response history and capabilities
- Efficient and thorough approach to project management
- Detail-oriented; appreciates tedious, multi-faceted dynamics
- Adapts to constantly changing circumstances and parameters
- Social and interpersonal skills that support rapport-building with TR members
- Emotionally resilient; tolerates stress
- Exceptionally skilled in analyzing, organizing, coordinating, evaluating, and recommending solutions to support mission requirements
- Proficient in data collection, processing, analysis, and information production
- Proficient in multiple systems (Google Apps, GIS, CRMs, etc.)
- This role is based in the headquarters office in Los Angeles but may be considered for remote employment
- The person filling this position may be required to complete training courses as recommended and made available by Team Rubicon
- This role requires deployment to disaster operations 1-2 times a year
Learn more about Team Rubicon:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter with the job title in the subject line demonstrating exceptional writing skills and how you are the ideal solution to this need to: jobs@TeamRubiconUSA.org