Team Rubicon has a unique culture that requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world, and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming synonymous with disaster response and veteran reintegration.
Only the most awesome candidates should apply. Period. In addition to a competitive salary, Team Rubicon offers a comprehensive benefits package to its full time employees.
Team Rubicon is seeking a Senior Accounting Associate to support the Finance Department at Team Rubicon’s national headquarters. Whoever fills the role will report directly to the Director of Finance and will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting, grant reporting, financial reporting, and finance-operation support functions. Responsibilities will also include the preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and special projects as needed.
The right candidate should be able to excel in a complex and ever changing environment, they should have a strong attention to detail, and the ability to work independently.
- Review and analyze financial statements for accuracy and comparability, making adjustments as necessary
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations; research outstanding items and determine appropriate action
- Take a lead role with month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes; prepare and enter journal entries for month-end close
- Maintains a strong internal control environment to safeguard cash and other assets
- Collaborate with finance management and operational stakeholders as needed to ensure proper accounting treatment is applied to unique situations
- Prepare monthly financial reports, monthly supporting schedules, and key performance indicator scorecards
- Assist with annual financial audit process and year-end 990 preparation
- Identify, develop, and update accounting desk procedures and organizational standard operating procedures as necessary
- Support operations departments and regional finance managers as necessary with reporting, analysis, and financial interpretation
Problem Solving and Analysis
- Execute special accounting and finance efficiency projects
- Proactively engage with other functional areas on process improvement opportunities and special analysis
- Research and resolve outstanding items from various account reconciliations
- Review financial statements to determine appropriate expense recognition to unique items
- Respond to field income statement inquiries
- Determination of appropriate period recognition of prepaid or accrued items
- Application and judgment of materiality
- Notification to field personnel regarding deviation from standard operating procedures
- Develop and improve existing system of internal controls
- Working knowledge of and experience with A/R, A/P, and G/L functions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of personal computer software applications including Microsoft Office (Word/Excel specifically), Google Products (Gmail, Drive, Spreadsheets, Docs)
- Ability to build and maintain complex Excel models
- Strives for excellence in self and others
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize and meet deadlines
- Approaches tasks in a strategic and calculated manner
- Detail-oriented; appreciates tediousness and efficiency
- Adapts and willingly adjusts to constantly changing circumstances and parameters
- Analytical skills to identify and resolve problems effectively
- Experience with accounting software required, Intacct preferred
- Experience with SalesForce preferred, but not required
- Experience with Expensify preferred, but not required
Minimal Experience and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years accounting experience
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to: [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.