As the Team Rubicon, Region IX Comms Support Intern, you’ll assist the Regional Administrator and Regional Support Team in identifying and capturing new opportunities to share the Region IX story and communicate with our Greyshirts, Team Rubicon’s donors, partners, and the media. You know how to tell a good story. Even better, you can help other people tell their own stories. You’re a solid writer, well-spoken, and you’re not shy. You think on your feet and relish obstacles. You ask questions, but you don’t ask the same question twice. You’re just a plain badass.
What is in it for you (what will you throw on your resume after this internship):
- Run Team Rubicon Region IX’s social media & communications outreach
- Assist in the creation of monthly newsletters
- Maintain the brand image of Team Rubicon while expanding awareness of a relatively new disaster response organization
- Coordinate with Support Team to deliver fulfilling experiences & communication to Team Rubicon members
Your learning experience:
- Applicant must be able to work at 10 -15 hours per week, potentially more during large disasters.
- Applicant will be able to work remotely, but must be but must be available either to come to National Office in Los Angeles or meet with the Region IX Regional Administrator at least once per week.
- This position is based out of the Los Angeles or Bay Area.
What you need to be successful:
- Passion for technology, learning, and people and a positive attitude coupled with an indomitable spirit
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment and collaborate across multiple departments
- Surgeon’s attention to detail and extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
Credentials and Experience:
- Currently earning a Bachelor’s or advanced degree – enrollment in a Communications program or related field preferred.
- Internships are available for the following terms:
|Term||Start & End Dates|
|Spring/Summer/ Fall/Winter||3 month increments|
How to Apply:
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with R9 Communications Support Intern in the subject line. Please include cover letter stating:
- What drives you and your long-term goals
- What you hope to gain from your internship
- Your favorite band
- New York Giants or Philadelphia Eagles? (this is the only question you need to get right!)
- Your favorite joke or a funny story (Hint: Team Rubicon’s work is not always fun – it’s good to have a sense of humor about things.)
- Harrison Ford, Patrick Swayze, or Kurt Russell? Just answer the question and explain why.