Team Rubicon is seeking a Planning Intern to support operational learning and the continuous improvement of its disaster response capabilities. You will collaborate with response operations leaders to gather key lessons and metrics from each response operation. You will apply your analytical skills towards identifying trends, risks, best practices, and improvement points. We’re looking for the analyst who can run with the wolves, dynamically adjust to shifting operational demands, and generate buy-in among diverse groups.
What is in it for you (what will you throw on your resume after this internship):
- Assist in pioneering implementation of continuous improvement systems for disaster response operations. Take lessons-learned on operations, and spearhead the implementation of appropriate change.
- Develop innovative, cross-functional solutions to organizational challenges and risks
- Collaborate with Training, Membership, and Communications personnel to design and implement strategies for communicating operational knowledge and lessons learned
- Generate and present reports, visual displays, and presentations in physical and electronic formats
- Support the National EOC’s planning function during activation for major domestic and international disasters
|Term||Start & End Dates|
|Summer||June 1 – August 31|
What we’re asking from you:
Join us at our National Operations Center in Grand Prairie, Texas, operating amongst some gnarly teammates, cuddly dogs, and all levels of leadership for 10 – 20 hours a week. During disaster operations we stay late, work hard, and get shit done. Term will end August 31, 2016.
What you need to be successful:
- Passion for technology, learning, and people and a positive attitude coupled with an indomitable spirit
- Eagerness to troubleshoot, understand, and solve problems then articulate solutions succinctly
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment and collaborate across multiple departments
- Surgeon’s attention to detail and extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skillful with technology, Excel, Google Apps and the willingness to learn advanced technology systems
Credentials and Experience:
Applicant should have a current field of study, a completed degree, or relevant experience related to the application of skills required of this position. Familiarity with disaster relief and emergency management is a plus.
How to apply:
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Planning Intern in the subject line. Please include a brief explanation of your story and answer the following prompt: A sophisticated alien ship has crashed in your backyard. The pilot has asked you to help determine the cause and fix it. What is his name? Who do you select for your team? How do you approach this impossible task?