You love editing photos and are meticulous in archiving and backing them up. You thrive in a team environment and maybe even like to point your camera to document it. You want to be part of a nonprofit that has earth-changing purpose and oodles of badassery.
Team Rubicon, a non-profit disaster relief organization comprised of military veterans and first responders, is looking for a passionate and highly organized photography assistant to join our team as an intern. Become a member of the team that disasters check for under their bed before they go to sleep at night.
What’s in it for you:
- Assist Digital Media team and Communications team in collecting and disseminating photo assets.
- Gain exposure and high-paced work experience that will look great on your resume (or LinkedIn profile)
- Collaborate with a dynamic and impactful digital media and marketing team
- Fine-tune your photo editing chops and utilization of Adobe software
- Gain valuable experience in unique and passionate workplace – ranked #1 in 2016’s Best Nonprofits to Work For
What we are asking from you:
Join us at our Los Angeles, CA Headquarters for 10-15 hours per week. Light weekend and remote work also permitted, but you must be at HQ most hours. During disaster operations we stay late, put in some time on weekends, and get more shit done to stay atop a demanding disaster tempo. Your main duties will be gathering, editing, and archiving photographic content, a vital part of our messaging
What you need to be successful:
- A positive attitude coupled with an indomitable spirit
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and a hawk’s eye attention to detail
- Proficiency in cloud based databases like Dropbox or Box
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and/or Lightroom
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, team environment and support requests from multiple departments
- The ability to set realistic expectations and meet deadlines
Credentials and Experience:
Students currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program. Applicants do not need to be a Photography major or own a camera, but they must display a current passion in photography and know their way around a camera and Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop. Additional skills in photography are a bonus but not required. Most importantly, intern must be able to work in a team-oriented, casual, often high-speed, creative environment. No egos, judgmental types, or intolerance for our colorful language need apply. Please note: Position is not permitted to deploy on disaster response & recovery operations; however, there will be other opportunities to pull out your camera on other projects and events.
How to apply:
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Photo Assistant Intern” in the subject line. Your cover letter must contain:
- A brief summary of your photography experience and style
- What you hope to take away from a Team Rubicon internship
- A link to your online portfolio or photo samples
- Your favorite movie from the 80’s and your favorite band/performer of all time