Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking a People Operations Coordinator to support its rapidly expanding headquarters team. The right person has a “get shit done” attitude and loves a challenge. As our People Operations Coordinator, you will work with our People Ops team to support the recruitment and retention of new hires and help maintain the unique culture and awesome work environment that has earned Team Rubicon a spot in the Top 3 rankings on Nonprofit Times’ list of Best Nonprofits to Work For the last three consecutive years. You will be the team’s master administrator and resident help desk, ready to tackle any spreadsheet, report, or request thrown your way with a positive attitude and a smile on your face.
Our culture requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response. This position reports to TR’s People Operations Generalist and is based out of our National Office in Los Angeles, CA. Only the most awesome candidates should apply, period.
- Manage careers page and inbox, opening and closing positions on the TR careers page as well as external career site postings.
- Full-cycle recruiting for all Associate level positions, which includes: establishing a recruiting strategy with hiring managers, sourcing and screening qualified candidates, interview coordination and offer negotiation.
- In partnership with the Office Manager, conduct new hire onboarding and orientation, continually making recommended changes and improvements.
- Process all new hire paperwork and benefit enrollments in our HRIS (ADP Workforce Now) and benefit carrier portals.
- Support employee requests related to our employee database or personnel files including those from individuals as well as other departments.
- Process new hires, terminations and other employee changes.
- Complete employment verifications, unemployment claims and other state forms.
- Maintain reports – compensation, headcount, open positions, benefit invoices, and other ad hoc reports as needed.
- Pay, track, and reconcile all benefit invoices monthly.
- Provide support to the Office Manager for all National events and meetings.
- Work with People Ops team to assist with other projects (Performance Review Process, Employee Recognition Program, etc.)
- A genuine interest in People Operations and Recruiting.
- A passion for learning and people.
- Positive attitude coupled with an indomitable spirit; team player.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills and a surgeon’s attention to detail.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment and collaborate across multiple departments.
- Excellent time management, follow-through and organizational skills.
- Adapts and willingly adjusts to constantly changing circumstances.
- Emotionally resilient; tolerates stress.
- Professional maturity, open to feedback and willing to learn; flexibility with tasks assigned.
- Self-Starter; results oriented and motivated professional.
- Ability to learn advanced technology systems.
Experience and Background:
- 1-2 years administrative experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (mail merge, Excel formulas, etc) and G-Suite.
- Experience handling sensitive information with discretion and a commitment to confidentiality.
How to apply:
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with People Operations Coordinator in the subject line. Your cover letter should include a brief explanation of your story and why you want to join TR as our People Ops Coordinator.