Team Rubicon is seeking an experienced residential construction management to facilitate day to day execution of our Hurricane Harvey Recovery Program. This position will serve as the deputy for rebuild efforts and report to the Sr. Manager of Construction.
Following Hurricane Harvey, Team Rubicon is seizing the moment to engage not only in the immediate weeks after a disaster but also the many months following, often described as the long term recovery phase. Team Rubicon will expand its capabilities (services) to include the rebuild of homes affected by Hurricane Harvey. The manager will be responsible for providing insight as this capability is developed, facilitate the implementation and day to day execution of the program for approximately the next 24 months. The individual selected for this role recognizes that some opportunities never present themselves twice and can thrive in an environment where the plane is being built as it’s taking off.
The ideal candidates will possess and have demonstrated ability to:
- Manage the day to day operations of Team Rubicon’s Hurricane Harvey recovery program
- Oversee all site management and ensure resource dependencies are optimized personnel, logistics, communications/marketing, finance, etc.
- Coordinate skilled labor (electricians, plumbers, HVAC) contracts, oversee site supervisors (associates) and ensure optimized experience for hundreds of greyshirts (volunteers).
- Responsible for executing a budget of $3+M, an aggressive project plan and knowing you’re leading one of Team Rubicon’s flagship programs
TR has a unique culture that requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world and smart enough to have a shot. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings opportunities for the organization to become synonymous with disaster response. Candidates for the position are required to have a team player attitude with a strong command presence.
Only the most awesome candidates should apply, period.
- Facilitate the execution of Team Rubicon’s recovery program for the communities affected by Hurricane Harvey by managing 10-30 active projects at any time in collaboration with the Sr. Manager of Construction
- Manage long-term schedule of services including resource requirements while overseeing day to day schedule of services of each project
- Manage budget to include budgeted vs actual, monitor for trends and propose solutions to refine budget
- Wizardry skills in scheduling and coordinating subcontractor, employee and volunteer staff
- Stay on point in terms file management and project management processes
- Develop accurate and detailed estimates and scopes of work for each project
- Navigate internal stakeholder engagement to fully maximize customer service and volunteer experience
Supply Management and Material Procurement
- Ensure all acquisition of supplies and equipment follows standard process and documentation for efficiency gains and accurate financial tracking
- Working with staff, ensure coordination, ordering and delivery of equipment and materials for every project site work day
- Establish and maintain a culture where equipment and materials are maintained, tracked and inventoried to best ensure longevity of the resource
Communication with partner Client Services Team
- Liaise with client services team
- Support staff in successfully following client services processes
- Ensure client services team is regularly updated in terms of site progress
- Ensure staff is available to and provide prompt responses to client services team
Manage Team Members
- Provide training to project managers, site supervisors and volunteers in the following phases of construction: insulation, drywall, mudding, paint, flooring, interior trim and doors, final punch.
- Be readily available to support project managers and site supervisors to ensure their respective goals and timelines are met
- Mentor staff in both technical and soft skills
- Ensure coordination between project managers and site supervisors
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities to include goal setting, evaluation, vacation requests, etc.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in residential construction/rehabilitation
- 3-5 years of experience in relationship management preferably with local government and non-profit organizations
- Experience working in veteran based environments and volunteer organizations a plus
- Demonstrated success in working in matrix managed environments e.g. building trust, communicating early and often, managing expectations, figuring out how to make the best out of situation with multiple parties involved
- This role will be based in Houston, TX or in an immediately surrounding community
- This role will require frequent travel throughout the affected area
- This role will require some evening and weekend work
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/e67aa7da →