Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking a Director of Field Operations (DFO) to oversee Team Rubicon’s National Operations Center, which includes situational awareness and support of all operational activity, training, and field leadership. The position reports to the VP of Programs and Field Operations. Whoever fills this role will be responsible for managing a growing Field Operations team in order to support a national network of staff and volunteers. This person will be responsible for executing national Field Operations strategy in support of TR’s long-term vision.
TR’s disaster management and incident response activities require a trained volunteer base, thorough incident planning, and dynamic leadership during operations. The DFO will oversee TR’s adoption of standards set forth by FEMA through the National Incident Management System (NIMS), and will be tasked with managing the execution of all aspects of TR’s disaster response efforts, from training to planning to on-scene operations.
In addition to managing internal TR operations, the DFO will be responsible for establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with counterparts in various agencies.
TR has a unique culture that requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world, and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response and veteran reintegration. Candidates for the position are required to balance a team-player attitude with a strong command presence.
Only the most awesome candidates should apply. Period.
- Lead, influence, motivate – Service and Cultural Principles
- Develop and execute the national Field Operations strategy with implementation and oversight of decision making, leadership style, systems, structure, process, and training in order to scale to meet organizational objectives
- Plan and execute budget and resource allocation in support of strategy – to include staffing, equipping, facilities, and technology
- Coordinate cross-departmental efforts with the leadership team – work to prioritize, de-conflict, and build consensus among this team on organizational objectives – present solutions to the Executive team
- Lead TR’s domestic and international operations capability, both proactive and reactive
- Incorporate and build capacity for new TR capabilities according to organizational strategy
- Lead Field Operations staff to include training, planning, logistics, IMT and recovery teams – train, mentor, evaluate, develop
- Build and maintain national and international relationships with partners in emergency management, VOAD, disaster relief, and humanitarian assistance communities
- Attend relevant public speaking events and conferences
- Drive for continuous improvement – build an environment of critical thought – attack problems with creative solutions
Minimal Experience and Background
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in the military, non-profit, disaster relief, or humanitarian assistance space
- Understanding of and/or first-hand experience with TR’s disaster response history and capabilities
- Approaches tasks in a planned and calculated manner
- Methodically and logically analyzes situations
- Detail-oriented; appreciates tedious, multi-faceted dynamics
- Adapts to constantly changing circumstances and parameters
- Social and interpersonal skills that support rapport-building with TR and regional volunteers
- Emotionally resilient; tolerates stress
- Efficiently manages projects
- Exceptionally skilled in analyzing, organizing, coordinating, evaluating, and recommending solutions to support mission requirements
- Excellent training, coaching and mentoring skills
- High level of writing and communication skills
- Proficient in computer (Microsoft office, Google Apps) and communication equipment operation
- Ability to travel – frequently with short/no-notice
- The person filling this position may be required to complete training courses as recommended and made available by TR
- This position will be based out of the TR National Operations Center in DFW.
Learn more about TR:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter demonstrating exceptional writing skills and how you are the ideal solution to this need to: jobs@TeamRubiconUSA.org