Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking an individual to help manage our expanding grants portfolio. We have grown immensely in recent years and don’t plan to stop or slow down. More than half of last year’s $10M+ revenue came from corporate and foundation grants. We’re looking for an up-and-coming development rock star who understands the value of relationships and handwritten notes in the digital age. The ideal candidate has an appetite for learning the non-profit space and development operations inside and out.
Whoever fills this role will help identify public and private grant funding opportunities, prepare effective letters of inquiry and applications, follow through with acknowledgments and report to funders, and manage grants-related records and files.
This is an entry-level position with substantial growth potential for a candidate who wants to learn grant writing from the ground up. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Corporate & Foundation Giving and is based out of our National Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA.
- Conduct research on grant opportunities and update opportunities in Salesforce, TR’s database.
- Assist in proposal development, including drafting proposals, revising and editing, and assembling supporting documentation.
- Analyze funder guidelines carefully to ensure that proposals meet funder requirements.
- Assist in writing reports to funders, including gathering necessary information as needed across departments.
- Help to organize the application process for complex proposals.
- Maintain Team Rubicon’s grants calendar to ensure all proposal and reporting deadlines are met.
- Manage grant files, both electronic and paper.
- Maintain funder and grant data in Salesforce, including funder reports.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Minimum Experience and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience and/or strong interest in fundraising specifically, grant writing
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and liaising with stakeholders at all levels of an organization
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Salesforce or other database management experience a strong plus
- Highly collaborative style; able to support and guide stakeholders along in projects
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Someone who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial
- Interest in disaster veteran issues and disaster response
- Computer literacy: Google Apps, Excel, and Word required
Learn more about TR:
Please submit your resume and a one-page-cover letter indicating why you want to work for a non-profit to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.