Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking an individual to fill a brand new position on our growing team. We have grown immensely in recent years and don’t plan to stop or slow down. More than half of last year’s $10M+ revenue came from corporate and foundation grants. We’re looking for an up-and-coming development rock star who understands the value of relationships and handwritten notes in the digital age. The ideal candidate has an appetite for learning the non-profit space and development operations inside and out.
Whoever fills this role will plan and implement TR’s stewardship and donor recognition programs to strengthen the relationship between existing and prospective donors, the CEO and the development team to achieve fundraising goals.
This is an entry-level position with substantial growth potential for a candidate who wants to learn development operations from the ground up. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Corporate & Foundation Giving and is based out of our National Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA.
- Create and/or identify opportunities, programs and events to engage donors/donor employees/and organizations with TR in areas of interest. These may include:
- Engagement on disaster response, recovery and/or mitigation operations
- Day of Service events
- Other special events such as TR’s annual fundraisers and national conference.
- For gifts greater than $50,000, prepare personalized acknowledgement letters and provide background information to the CEO about the donor.
- For donors of more than $50,000, provide personalized stewardship and/or grant reports (corporate/foundation/individual) on the impact of their gifts. Ensure funds are spent according to the donor guidelines.
- Provide primary oversight of the recognition portion of the TR website.
- Work closely with membership, field operations and marketing to ensure that donors are engaged and that appropriate recognition is given. Make sure that logos/naming are up to date on all banners, TR vehicles and other areas as need.
- Help cultivate relationships with prospects and donors through stewardship reports, mailings and phone contacts.
- With Sr. Manager and VP of Development, develop proposals for potential stewardship initiatives including the upcoming capital campaign, giving clubs and the Regiment and other initiatives for moving individuals to the next level of giving.
- Work with Special Events Manager to plan dedication and recognition events as necessary.
Minimum Experience and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Two or more years of successful experience in development, alumni relations, event planning and/or donor relations
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and liaising with stakeholders at all levels of an organization
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with a diverse group of external constituents.
- Creative, energetic and ambitious person who is able to lead programs and manage projects.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to quality, timeliness, and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Team Rubicon
Learn more about TR:
Please submit your resume and a one-page-cover letter indicating why you want to work for a non-profit to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.