Team Rubicon turns six this month, but we don’t celebrate with candles or cake. We want commitment, so make today your Go Day, and commit to making a difference with our team. A few suggestions:
- Go join. Currently, we’ve got a roster of nearly 33,000 members who are responding to disasters in Texas and Missouri while others remain on standby. Join ’em. There’s work for folks with all kinds of skill sets. If you’ve already joined, get deployment ready. That grey shirt’s calling your name.
- Go donate. Did you know 30 percent of donations to Team Rubicon come from individual donors? Those dollars not only help communities affected by disasters, they also support the volunteers who signed up to respond.
- Go sign up. We hosted nearly 600 events in addition to responding to 38 disasters in 2015. If you’re a member, head to Roll Call and sign up for a local training event or service project and keep serving your community. None close enough? Learn how you can help plan an event by working with your regional leaders. Last, sign up for our newsletter so we can keep you up to speed on our responses and announcements.
- Go apply. We’re taking applications for the Clay Hunt Fellows Program as well as several full-time positions with our team. Giddy up on that cover letter.
- Go tell. Fan of TR and got that elevator speech perfected? Tell the story or share through social media, and motivate a few buds to do the same.
- Go hard. Inaction is not an option. However you celebrate Go Day, do it right.