Forward Watch, 9 April 2021
Team Rubicon is actively responding to three separate disaster categories in 39 cities across the country, and planning to deploy response teams into 18 more. Read on for a breakdown on how Team Rubicon is serving those in need.
COVID-19 VACCINATION SUPPORT
As of April 9, Team Rubicon has helped administer more than 1,023,237 COVID-19 vaccinations across 42 cities.
Volunteers are providing:
- Medical support
- Logistical planning support
- Miscellaneous wrap-around support services (Traffic control, queue management, sign-in administration…)
- EOC support
Our goal is to provide vaccine distribution support so the healthcare providers can continue to provide primary care services or vaccinate.
NON COVID-19 OPERATIONS
- FILLMORE – Team Rubicon will perform fire mitigation work at an overgrown strip of land along a flood control channel. This operation is scheduled to take place this and next weekend.
- BAILEY – Team Rubicon will deploy up to 100 Greyshirts a day to Tomahawk Ranch to perform fire mitigation services such as the removal of ladder fuels and to increase crown spacing between trees. The trees will be cut into firewood sized pieces to be used later by the Girl Scouts of America, who own the ranch.
Team Rubicon has begun a medical decompression mission to Papua New Guinea as of April 6.
Greyshirts, including 1 doctor and 4 nurses, a team lead and logistician will support hospital operations in response to a surge in COVID-19 cases.
Learn more about our recently completed international operation in Honduras through the video below.
- Houston Rebuild – Texas
- After Team Rubicon’s three-month response to Hurricane Harvey in 2017, the organization launched a two-year recovery effort to rebuild 100 homes in the Houston area.
- o TR has partnered with SBP to identify Harvey-impacted residents in the greatest need for assistance and has currently completed 108 home rebuilds.
- Gulf Coast Rebuild – Louisiana and Texas
- As of March 16, seven home rebuilds have been completed, five are under construction/approved.
- Team Rubicon has continued its efforts in long-term recovery through home rebuilding after the successes in Houston. The new operation focuses on the Gulf Coast, specifically Calcasieu Parish, LA., and Orange County, TX.
- This rebuild effort in the region is Team Rubicon’s fourth investment to reach beyond the immediate response phase of the disaster cycle and into the recovery phase to get homeowners back into their homes as quickly as possible.
- Resilient home repair on wood-framed, single-family houses is our primary focus. Depending on the damage, this may include roof repair, floor replacement, wall and ceiling installation, door and window replacement, and additional interior and exterior work required for restoration.
Learn more about the impact of Team Rubicon’s Rebuild efforts with the video below.