Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking a Readiness Associate to serve with Region III. The perfect candidate prefers to wears silkies, work boots and gloves on a worksite by day and keeps a hygiene kit and a spare suit in the car to attend local donor and partner events by night. The Region III Readiness Associate is a volunteer facing position and will be focused on the support and improvement of the volunteer experience. This position will be overseen by the Region III Administrator and directly supports the volunteer leaders and volunteers in Region III.
In support of the volunteer experience, the Readiness Associate will be responsible for promoting and encouraging cross functional collaboration among all Region III leaders, specifically the membership, engagement, training and communication managers. This person must be a great communicator who is able to receive, process and breakdown complex problems and information to be easily communicated and digested by a broad audience of volunteers and supporters within the region. Additionally, this person must possess a critical eye for process improvement and innovation. They must also be exquisite collaborators that can interact with a broad range of stakeholders and partners.
This position is based in TR’s DC satellite office and requires a flexible work schedule to include some weekend work and travel. Weekend work and travel days will be compensated during the M-F work week in coordination and approval by the Region III Administrator.
TR has a unique culture that requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world, and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response.
Only the most awesome candidates should apply. Period.
- Directly communicates, manages and supports volunteer leaders in the membership, engagement, training and communications functions to encourage cross functional collaboration and consistent messaging to the volunteer base in the region
- Improves the volunteer experience by mentoring volunteer leaders on how to engage and pass information to the local volunteer base through communication methods (i.e. Roll Call, e-mail, Mail chimp) approved by the national office
- Serves as the focal point between the national office and the regional team to develop, support and execute an annual training and engagement strategy designed to achieve regional objectives and goals
- Recruit, mentor and develop a volunteer leadership team to maintain the capacity and depth to support all regional goals and objectives
- Develop, grow and maintain relationships with local partners and agencies
- Assume the roles and responsibilities of the regional communications, engagement, membership and training managers as required or requested
Minimal Experience and Background
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Proven track record in project management
- Experience with data analysis and cloud-based technology systems
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- High energy, maturity and leadership with exceptional time management skills
- Natural self-starter with the ability to use data and intuition to analyze and inform decisions
- Social and interpersonal skills that support rapport-building with colleagues, volunteers, and external partners/stakeholders
- Volunteer management experience a plus
Please submit your resume and a cover letter demonstrating exceptional writing skills and what you can bring to the table as an RRA to: [email protected]
Learn more about TR
- Website: www.TeamRubiconUSA.org
- Facebook: Facebook.com/TeamRubicon
- Twitter: @TeamRubicon