Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking a Mobile Training Center Associate to work within the Training Section. Whoever fills this role will report to the Deputy Director of Training and Exercise and will oversee all coordination of Mobile Training Center operations.
The proper candidate should be experienced in dynamic team leadership and should be knowledgeable of national training program best practices. The candidate should also be eager to develop and grow their career and experience within the disaster management and veteran service arenas.
TR’s disaster response activities require a highly trained and engaged member base that upholds best practice-standards for incident management and safely executes tactical operations. TR expands its operational capacities by hosting training and exercise activities for Team Rubicon members as well as outside agencies and key stakeholders. The Mobile Training Center Associate will serve as the program lead and manage a team of certified instructors who will carry out the day-to-day execution of the Mobile Training Center operations.
TR has a unique culture that requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world, and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster relief. Candidates for the position are required to balance a team-player attitude with a strong command presence.
Only the most awesome candidates should apply. Period.
- Leads the development and oversees the daily execution of Team Rubicon’s Mobile Training Center (MTC) operations – scheduling, staffing, and maintenance
- Engages partner agencies, VOADs, and all TR staff sections to maximize impact of MTC operations
- Coordinates district, state, regional, and national teams to produce annual plans
- Coordinates with Instructor Development Coordinator to ensure best possible course delivery and outcomes for MTC operations
- Ensures maximum utilization of the MTC to drive increased capacity across the country in all Team Rubicon capabilities
- Supports Readiness and Recovery operational planning to include MTC assets and maximize impact
- Serves as primary point of contact for all MTC inquiries and requests
- Establishes, documents, and maintains processes to promote quality control
- Creates and tracks MTC budgets and develops monthly reports
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required
Minimal Experience and Background
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Emergency/Disaster Management
- Demonstrable leadership experience within Team Rubicon, the veteran service space, and/or first responder community
- Skilled group facilitator with an ability to balance patience and command presence
- Technologically savvy; ability to quickly learn and utilize new technology platforms
- Current and valid driver’s license with stellar driving history
- Understanding of TR’s core capabilities and passion for its dual mission
- Certified to teach at least one of Team Rubicon’s in-person training courses
- Efficiently manages multiple on-going projects and initiatives
- Social and interpersonal skills that support rapport-building with colleagues, TR regional volunteers, and external partners/stakeholders
- Approaches tasks in a planned and calculated manner
- Methodically and logically analyzes situations
- Detail-oriented; appreciates tedious, multi-faceted dynamics
- Adapts to constantly changing circumstances and parameters
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports
- Skilled in analyzing, organizing, coordinating, evaluating, and recommending solutions to support training objectives
- Emotionally resilient; tolerates stress
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in computer systems including Microsoft Office, Google and other cloud-based apps
- The person filling this position will be required to travel frequently (more than 70% of the time) during the first 6 months; approx. 50% travel thereafter.
- The person filling this position may be asked to complete training courses as recommended and made available by TR.
- This position is based at TR’s National Operations Center in Grand Prairie, TX.
Learn more about TR:
To Apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter demonstrating exceptional writing skills and how you are the ideal solution to this need to: [email protected]