Team Rubicon (TR) is searching for a Head of Marketing to plan and execute a full, head-on assault of the nonprofit sector. An organization that has been named National Small Charity of the Year (Classy, 2012…we’re bigger now!), Veteran Nonprofit of the Year (Lincoln Awards, 2014) and the Top Nonprofit to Work for in America (Nonprofit Times, 2016), Team Rubicon is an organization that every American should and will know about. It’ll be your job to make that a reality.
The Head of Marketing will report directly to the CEO and work alongside a world-class leadership team that is actively disrupting the disaster response and veteran reintegration sectors. You will oversee a creative team that is producing the best content in the nonprofit sector and help build a strategy that ensures our donor and volunteer bases continue to expand. This person’s creative and strategic talents will be stretched to the limit, because no idea will be off the table.
Team Rubicon has a unique culture that requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but brings with it the opportunity to have real impact.
- Develop a multi-channel marketing strategy that increases Team Rubicon’s brand awareness, drives on- and offline donations and increases volunteer recruitment. Establish and manage the milestones for execution.
- Oversee a creative director or directly lead the creative process, maximizing throughput with minimal impact on quality.
- Create marketing plans for individual Team Rubicon programs tailored to specific audiences.
- Create a data-driven environment that leverages analytics to make better informed and faster decisions.
- Build and lead a team that can thrive in a cross-functional environment, capable of supporting numerous projects across departments and varied timelines.
- Oversee a PR strategy that positions Team Rubicon as a leading voice in both the disaster response and veteran reintegration sectors.
- Work alongside the development and fundraising team to better segment prospects and donors to optimize digital fundraising strategies.
- Oversee the implementation of an annual advertising budget and track outcomes.
- Build and mentor a world-class marketing team that exhibits the best characteristics of Team Rubicon’s unique culture.
- Contribute to strategic leadership discussions by providing input from a marketing, branding and communications perspective, while having a broad enough view to weigh in on any issue.
- Maintains awareness of competitive landscape and conducts constant market research to identify opportunities and threats well in advance.
- Maintain strong relationships with key partners and ensure that Team Rubicon maintains a strong reputation as a reliable stakeholder.
Experience and Background:
- Bachelors degree, MBA preferred
- At least fifteen years in marketing; preference for experience in at least one startup
- Demonstrated experience overseeing digital strategy
- Familiarity managing the creative process a plus
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills. You count Shakespeare as a distant relative.
- Strong grasp of data and analytics. Microsoft Excel quivers in your presence.
- Positive energy and commitment to mission. If we launched you to Mars you’d get there.
- Ability to set strategy, establish milestones and manage timelines. Project management ninja.
- Able to handle stress and thrive in chaos. You’re cool as the other side of the pillow.
- Willing to roll up sleeves when necessary and get shit done. #GSD
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to: [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.