We’re hiring a Director of Development and a Senior Member Management Associate. Think you’ve got what it takes to join the Team?
Director of Development
Team Rubicon’s Director of Development is a new position within its fast-growing headquarters team. The Director of Development will be responsible for building, implementing and managing all aspects of Team Rubicon’s fundraising activities, to include major gifts, corporate contributions, foundation grants, and grassroots fundraising. This person must have a commitment to effective systems, be able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, be a superb communicator, and be able to articulate the complexities of Team Rubicon’s unique dual mission of veteran reintegration and disaster relief. Team Rubicon currently has more donor prospects than it can effectively manage, and the Director of Development will work directly with the founders to establish a fundraising vision and strategy capable of taking Team Rubicon to the next tier.
Team Rubicon has a unique culture that requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world, and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response and veteran reintegration.
Only the most awesome candidates should apply. Period.
• Identify, develop and cultivate major gifts prospects ($25,000 and above), and work with the founders to develop and execute closing strategies
• Provide information to grantors, corporations and individuals to qualify interest and giving potential
• Cultivate, prepare and present proposals to corporate and foundation prospects as requested
• Provide leadership and support to the Board of Directors to strengthen their ability to participate in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors.
• Write grants and grant reports as requested
• Prepare reports, as requested, on funding progress and projections
• Establish a communication schedule for major contributors that includes an update on the usage of funds, current state of programs, and future needs of the organization
• In conjunction with the communications team, develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive grassroots fundraising campaign in order to maintain 35-40% of revenue from sources less than $500
• In conjunction with the communications team, develop, implement, and manage a campaign to increase Monthly Recurring Donors via online platform
• In conjunction with the communications team, prepare materials to assist in communicating the message of Team Rubicon to our support base
• Assist with publicity arrangements for major gifts and events as necessary
• As necessary, assist with the execution of annual Team Rubicon fundraising event in NYC
• Develop, implement and manage teams of interns and volunteers as necessary to execute campaigns
• Ensure that Team Rubicon remains compliant with current tax laws
• Superb written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills; team player
• Meticulous organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Ability to build and maintain robust systems
• Leadership experience; takes initiative and has the ability to work independently
• Open to feedback and willing to learn; flexibility with tasks assigned
• Solid understanding of nonprofit membership organizations: programs, fundraising, and operations
• Fosters teamwork
• Builds relationships
• A solid understanding of veteran issues is a must
• Bachelors degree or higher (Degree from School of Hard Knocks considered; situation dependent)
• Salesforce Ninja
• The ability to pick up the phone
• Experience with major donor cultivation and direct solicitation, foundation and corporate giving
• A demonstrated commitment to working in a customer service-centered environment
• Experience working in and understanding the nonprofit sector
• At least five years experience in nonprofit development. A strong background in managing sales teams will be considered
• Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to work with teams, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and ensure high-quality work
• Emotional maturity and agility in working in a fast-paced environment
• Works at TR Headquarters in Los Angeles or New York City, but the duties associated with this role may have this person on the road
• Works a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to monitor and participate in fundraising activities
• This position will be based out of the Team Rubicon headquarters in Los Angeles, California or in New York City, New York. Relocation expenses will not be provided.
Learn more about Team Rubicon:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter demonstrating exceptional writing skills and how you meet the criteria of this position to: jobs@TeamRubiconUSA.org with “DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT” as the email title.
Senior Member Resource Associate
Team Rubicon is seeking a Senior Member Resource Associate to work within the Field Operations Section of Team Rubicon’s national headquarters. Whoever fills the role will report directly to the Director of Field Operations and will be responsible for constructing and managing Team Rubicon’s member/personnel management programs – the heart and soul of our organization.
The right candidate should be able to excel in a complex and ever changing environment, they should have a strong attention to detail, and the ability to develop and implement numerous independent projects all without losing sight of the larger picture of supporting Team Rubicon’s dual mission of disaster response and veteran reintegration. This team member must come to the table with the mindset of the member being the solution, and work to create the personnel management infrastructure that supports their efforts to effective and efficiently respond to disaster operations.
Team Rubicon has a unique culture that requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world, and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming synonymous with disaster response and veteran reintegration.
Only the most awesome candidates should apply. Period. Relocation to Los Angeles, CA is non-negotiable. Salary depends on candidate’s experience and qualification, benefits included.
- Collaborate with the Regional Resource Managers in the execution of job duties to the full extent possible
- Ensure that accountability of members deployed and/or activated is maintained at all times
- Ensure the safe return and demobilization of all activated personnel resources
- Support the execution of Team Rubicon’s post-deployment wellness checks
- Accurately and efficiently identify and vet members based upon prior credentialing processes and operational requirements
- Monitor operational activations and assist regional managers in the creation of activation orders and the portions of operational warning orders directly related to personnel resources
- During operations, exercises, training, or as otherwise assigned, oversee individual travel logistics of members through outside agencies to include managing the implementation of donated airfare
- During the vetting process, assist in the establishment of response parameters as they relate to member expense reimbursement. Ensure reimbursement criteria specific to each response are disseminated to and understood by activated members. Provide reimbursement criteria to Team Rubicon’s finance department
- Monitor, manage, and provide input to the maintenance and development of Team Rubicon’s digital member management portal
- Monitor and manage member alert and activation systems. Develop policies and procedures relating to the authority of use for these systems
- As directed, develop Team Rubicon Policies and Standard Operating Guidelines directly related to member management
- Monitor, administer and provide input for the maintenance and development of a system to track and maintain member incident reports
- Develop and maintain a system that accounts for the operational volunteer hours accumulated
- Maintain and manage Team Rubicon’s member background check policies, to include military service records (DD214s)
- Collaborate with Human Resources to develop and manage Team Rubicon’s member dismissal process
- Serve as Team Rubicon’s compliance officer, provide process support and audit capability to the regional management teams, in the case of member incidents and code of conduct violations
- Develops, trains, and rehearses contingency plans relating to member management/activation
- Respond to member management related wufoo forms
- Manages member waivers
- All other duties as assigned
- Strives for excellence in self and others
- Approaches tasks in a strategic and calculated manner
- Methodically and logically analyzes situations
- Detail-oriented; appreciates tedious, multi-faceted dynamics
- Adapts and willingly adjusts to constantly changing circumstances and parameters
- Has social and interpersonal skills that support rapport-building with Team Rubicon and regional members
- Emotionally resilient; tolerates stress
- Efficiently manages projects and people
- Exceptionally skilled in analyzing, organizing, coordinating, evaluating, and recommending solutions to support operational requirements
- Excellent training, coaching and mentoring skills
- High level of writing and communication skills
- Proficient in computer (Microsoft office, Google Apps) and communication equipment operation
Minimal Experience and Background:
- Four year degree in Personnel Management, Communications, or relevant field
- Strong project management experience, including managing multiple projects, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Data management and reporting experience
- Records management experience, especially personnel records management, exposure to licensing and credentialing systems
- Ability to travel. May be on-call twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. The person filling this position may be required to complete training courses as recommended and made available by Team Rubicon
- This position will be based out of the Team Rubicon headquarters in Los Angeles, California. Relocation expenses will not be provided.
Learn more about Team Rubicon:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter demonstrating exceptional writing skills and how you are the ideal solution to the resources need to: jobs@TeamRubiconUSA.org Use “MEMBER RESOURCE ASSOCIATE” as the subject line.